Access Macquarie Ltd (Access MQ) serves as a link between academics and researchers from Macquarie University and the industry. We can help you find the expertise you need for a research project, litigation case, or to specially design a tailored education program for your organisation.Our core responsibility is to provide project management services to the university in the areas of bid proposals, contract negotiations and financial management.We are a wholly-owned non-profit subsidiary of Macquarie University.
In 2012, we are going to help you more than we ever have:
- Increased business development and marketing activities
- eLearning Training Course Capability – development and marketing
- CRM, Wiki and Project Management Systems
- Major Initiatives in Curriculum Services
Access MQ works with industry, business and government to identify and access the appropriate expertise and technology in the development of creative solutions for the commercial arena.
To enhance the reputation of Macquarie University and be integral to the achievement of its strategy, priorities and financial goals.
OUR CORE VALUES
Access MQ operates with a set of core values developed by our staff, partners and stakeholders. These values are important to us and will help to guide our company in all aspects of our business.
Trust - we deliver on our promises.
Teamwork - we deliver our value and do more to lift team performance
Quality you can trust and depend on
Efficiency - we focus, achieve every day and do not waste time or resources
Creativity and Innovation - flexibility and a "can-do" attitude
Integrity - we are open, honest and reliable
Caring about our community and environment
Communication - listening to needs, ensuring clarity in expectations and seeking feedback to improve
L - Leadership: Be the Leaders in Corporate Education
I - Impact: Positively Impact 3000+ families each year
V - Value: Add measurable and material Value to all we do
E - Enjoyment: Enjoy what we do and who we work with
Macquarie University of Sydney is a research-intensive university and as such fosters an environment that produces research-intensive initiatives and outcomes for local and global markets.
It is recognised internationally for excellence in research, particularly in laser technology, early childhood education, proteomics, chiropractic and psychology. It is also seen as an international leader in ancient cultures, natural hazards and animal behaviour. The Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM) is world-renowned.
This success stems from innovation in research and development programs; relevance to national and international research needs and to the global market place and effective partnerships with companies and government.
As the University’s commercial development company, Access MQ contributes to the development, practical application and impact of the University’s research in the community:
- Access MQ works with University departments and divisions providing contract research and consulting services to the business community.
- Research and Commercial Services revenue contributes more than $10 Million per year to the University.
- Access MQ plays a role in lifting the profile of commercial research, consulting and collaborations at the University
Funds generated through Access MQ are fed back into the University to fund further research.
Access MQ is a Registered Research Agency.A Registered Research Agency (RRA) is an organisation approved by Innovation Australia(the Board) that is capable of carrying out contracted Australian R&D, in one or more classes of activity, on behalf of eligible companies, or through collaborative arrangements for a group of companies.There are a number of advantages that RRAs offer to their clients:
- the normal annual expenditure threshold of $20,000 is waived for R&D contracted to an RRA within the RRA’s approved classes of activity and the company entitled to a 125% deduction
- prepayments for contracted Australian R&D may be claimed by companies up to twelve months in advance of the work actually being carried out and can be included in the calculations for the 175% Premium concession
- smaller firms are able to undertake R&D programs without having to invest in costly R&D equipment and expertise
An important part of the Government’s commitment to research and development (R&D) is assisting small companies to access expert R&D services, particularly those residing in public sector research organisations.We provide industry with professional and flexible access to Macquarie University’s knowledge and expertise.If you are interested in finding out more please contact us.